Saturday 27 February 2016

Summer Inspiration Shoot 2014 | Rural Saskatchewan

My inspiration all started with the dress. The dress was my mom’s from 1969 and is truly timeless. I really wanted to honour the gown by complimenting it with my theme. The theme I chose to showcase was rustic, vintage elegance.

I wanted the model to showcase a natural, vintage look, which is why we decided to have her hair down, and swapped out a traditional veil for a floral headpiece.

Since it's a summer shoot I decided to go with colours that would really catch the eye and were bright and cheerful. The mint and coral pink really stood out and paired well together. These colors are very popular this season. For elegance, I accented these colours with gold. I brought the gold through with charger plates, napkin rings, cutlery and mini cake stands.

For textiles, I chose a coral pink polyester tablecloth with a beige linen overlay. For a tabletop I decided to use authentic barn board with a burlap and lace table runner tied with twine at the end. For scatter pieces on the table I utilized vintage buttons and pearls.

Vendors:

Styling and Table Décor: Circle the Date Wedding and Event Planning, Yorkton, SK
Photography by: Mandy Maier Creative
Table Florals & Headpiece: Florissima Flowers and Plants, Yorkton, SK

Bouquets: Knot to Worry, Lorette, MB
Cake and Mini Cakes: Creative Creations Cakes, Yorkton, SK
Macarons: Le Macaron, Regina, SK
Hair: Shear Bliss Salon, Yorkton, SK
Makeup Artistry (MUA): Pretty Face MakeUp Studio and BBG Cosmetics, Yorkton, SK
Menswear: KW Men’s Wear, Yorkton, SK
Models: Alexa Hippsley & Odysseas Tsagouris, Yorkton, SK
Dress & Wedding Band: Private Collection


No comments:

Post a Comment